In this episode we talk to Doug Kessler, Creative Director & Co-Founder of Velocity Partners.
1) Why you have to remember that a name isn’t everything
2) What should possibly be on your list as non-negotiable for a good B2B company name?
- easily pronounced when read
- easily spelled when heard
- must not imply the wrong thing
- domain name available
- avoid existing vendor names
3) How do you remove subjectivity from the process
4) How do you actually start generating names?
Resource to check out: Onym, https://onym.co/
Check out the blog post that goes into even more detail:
James Carbary is the founder of Sweet Fish Media, a podcast agency for B2B brands. He’s a contributor for the Huffington Post & Business Insider, and he also co-hosts a top-ranked podcast according to Forbes: B2B Growth. When James isn’t interviewing the smartest minds in B2B marketing, he’s drinking Cherry Coke Zero, eating Swedish Fish, and hanging out with the most incredible woman on the planet (who he somehow talked into marrying him).