Owning a small business is tough, but you don’t have to do it alone.
The greatness of the internet is that information is free and available to anyone willing to find it. There are so many blogs that offer advice to small business owners, from content marketing to sales.
There are business blogs out there with answers to the questions you’ve been asking. [Tweet “You have questions, these 7 business blogs have answers. #business #smallbiz”]
We took a deep dive into the 7 blogs listed below, reviewed them, and put together a list of their top three blog posts.
(Note: The blogs below barely scratch the surface of all the incredible business blogs out there, so we put together a list of 38 additional business blogs that you can download here.)
Buffer is becoming one of the best ways to share content on the internet. They understand that content is king and their blog offers some incredible insights into all things content marketing and social media.
- The Ideal Length for All Online Content
- 53+ Free Image Sources For Your Blog and Social Media Posts
- 30 Little-Known Features of Facebook, Twitter, and More
This blog is a GOLD MINE for anyone that wants to know everything there is to know about internet marketing.
Email marketing, copywriting, social media…this blog is an endless resource that will help take your business to the next level.
- Why Copyblogger Is Killing Its Facebook Page
- An Internet Marketing Education in 16 Ebooks and 20 Emails. No Charge.
- The 8 Types of Images That Increase the Psychological Impact of Your Content
GrooveHQ is on a journey to $500k in monthly revenue, having previously beaten their first goal of $100k. Their blog offers incredible transparency into the startup process and shines a powerful light on what it looks like to grow a business.
- How We Got 2000+ Sales A Month By Doing Things That Didn’t Scale
- Our Startup’s 12-Month Growth Strategy
- The Power of Testimonials (And How We Get Great Ones)
More than video, VideoFruit has become a paradise for small business owners. Started by Bryan Harris, VideoFruit offers in-depth case studies of product creation, guest blogging, and email list building experiments.
I learned so much from this blog, that I interviewed Bryan Harris on my podcast, Inspiring Awesome. You can check out the interview here: The Step-by-Step Guide to Getting Thousands to Your Website
- Lead Magnet: 11 Ways to Turn Readers Into Email Subscribers
- How to Double Your Email List in 24 Hours (Case Study)
- How to Find the Perfect Product Idea and Make $10,000 from Your Blog
Traditionally, growth hacking is all about using creativity and social metrics to gain exposure and sell products. GrowthHackers.com is the StackOverflow of growth hacking and Internet marketing.
It’s a great place to ask questions, keep up with trends, and follow others. They also feature Growth Studies that take a critical look into different businesses and figure out what led to their growth.
- Airbnb: The Growth Story You Didn’t Know
- LinkedIn Growth Engine: The Never Ending Viral Loop
- Infographic: Traditional Marketing vs. Growth Hacking
Jason is an interesting guy… to say the least. He’s launched some really crazy projects that you might’ve heard about on the news—from “I Wear Your Shirt” to “Buy My Last Name.”
He’s an expert in getting sponsorships for just about anything, and his blog offers incredible wisdom into productivity, product launches, and becoming a better business owner.
Because Jason is so fascinating, I also interviewed him on the Inspiring Awesome Podcast. You can check out the interview here: Creativity for Sale with Jason SurfrApp
- 8 Steps To Launching A Product
- How to Start a Business Right Now
- We All Suck at Time Management, Here’s How to Suck Less At It
If writing isn’t your thing, you’ll find that BoostBlogTraffic.com has one of the most useful business blogs out there.
This blog from Jon Morrow is all about helping you become a better writer. All while sharing practical techniques that will skyrocket your blog’s growth.
- 297 Flabby Words and Phrases That Rob Your Writing of All Its Power
- How to Get Interviewed by Popular Blogs (Even If You’re Not a Big Shot)
- 101 Writing Resources That’ll Take You from Stuck to Unstoppable
Finding business help on the internet can be a really daunting task. There’s so much content out there, and it’s hard to know where to start. Hopefully the list of blogs above will be a launching pad for a business education you never knew was possible!
Are 7 blogs not enough to satisfy you? Download our list of the 38 best business blogs today!
Are you struggling with your company’s blog?
Take this 5-part email course, and start turning your blog’s readers into paying customers. The course is 100% free and insanely actionable, so make sure you check it out today.